Standard Racial Traits
• Ability Score Racial Traits: Drow are nimble and manipulative. They gain +2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma, and –2 Constitution.
• Type: Drow are humanoids with the elf subtype.
• Size: Drow are Medium creatures and thus receive no bonuses or penalties due to their size.
• Base Speed: Drow have a base speed of 30 feet.
• Weapon Familiarity: Drow are proficient with the hand crossbow, rapier, and shortsword.
• Languages: Drow begin play speaking Elven and Undercommon. Drow with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following languages: Abyssal, Aklo, Aquan, Common, Draconic, Drow Sign Language, Gnome, or Goblin. See the Linguistics skill page for more information about these languages.
Defense Racial Traits
• Immunities Drow are immune to magic sleep effects and gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against enchantment spells and effects.
• Spell Resistance: Drow possess spell resistance (SR) equal to 6 plus their total number of class levels.
Feat and Skill Racial Traits
• Keen Sense: Drow gain a +2 racial bonus on Perception checks.
Magical Racial Traits
• Spell-Like Abilities (Su): Drow can cast dancing lights, darkness, and faerie fire, once each per day, using their total character level as caster level.
Offense Racial Traits
• Poison Use: Drow are skilled in the use of poisons and never risk accidentally poisoning themselves.
Senses Racial Traits
• Superior Darkvision: Drow have superior darkvision, allowing them to see perfectly in the dark up to 120 feet.
Weakness Racial Traits
• Light Blindness: As deep underground dwellers naturally, drow suffer from light blindness. Abrupt exposure to any bright light blinds drow for 1 round. On subsequent rounds, they are dazzled as long as they remain in the affected area.
Alternate Racial Traits
The following alternate racial traits may be selected in place of one or more of the standard racial traits above. Consult your GM before selecting any of these new options.
• Ambitious Schemer Seduction and treachery are tools for advancement in drow society, even for the martially inclined. drow with this racial trait may choose either Bluff or Diplomacy as a class skill, and gain a +2 bonus on such skill checks. This racial trait replaces keen senses.
• Ancestral Grudge The enmity between the drow and elves and dwarves is long-standing and deeply entrenched. drow with this racial trait gain a +1 bonus on attack rolls against humanoids with the dwarf or elf subtypes (with the exception of drow) because of their special training against these reviled foes. This racial trait replaces poison use.
• Blasphemous Covenant Since their twisted beginnings, the drow have consorted with demons. Some drow have strong ties with these creatures and may call upon ancient and obscene associations to sway demonic cooperation. drow with this racial trait gain a +2 bonus on Diplomacy checks made against unbound creatures with the demon subtype. Furthermore, demons conjured with any summon spell gain +2 hit points per Hit Die. Lastly, the cost of bribes or offerings for any planar ally spell cast by these drow to summon a demon is reduced by 20%. This racial trait replaces keen senses and poison use.
• Darklands Stalker The lands outside of drow cities, from rough-hewn tunnels to rocky caverns, are treacherous to navigate. drow with this racial trait may move through difficult terrain without penalty while underground. In addition, drow with a Dexterity of 13 or higher gain Nimble Moves as a bonus feat. This racial trait replaces the spell-like abilities racial trait.
• Seducer Certain drow possess an innate understanding of the darkest desires that lurk in every heart. drow with this racial trait add +1 to the saving throw DCs for spells and spell-like abilities of the enchantment school. In addition, drow with a Wisdom score of 15 or higher may use charm person once per day as a spell-like ability (caster level equal to the drow’s character level). This racial trait replaces drow immunities.
• Surface Infiltrator Some drow dwell close to the surface lands, either because they serve drow causes or they were exiled. drow with this racial trait gain low-light vision, allowing them to see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light. This racial trait replaces the darkvision and light blindness racial traits.